Le clocher de l'église paroissiale de Saint Lucie de Tallano - France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
N 41° 41.856 E 009° 03.826
32T E 505305 N 4616203
Dans cette église baroque du XVIe siècle, à la nef unique, on peut admirer un bas-relief de marbre blanc datant de 1498, le retable de la Vierge à l’enfant et une Crucifixion. Le clocher date de 1948 et possèdent une horloge sur trois faces.
Waymark Code: WM15EBM
Location: Corse, France
Date Posted: 12/19/2021
Published By:Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 0

In this baroque church of the 16th century, with a single nave, we can admire a white marble bas-relief dating from 1498, the altarpiece of the Virgin and Child and a Crucifixion. The bell tower dates from 1948 and has a clock on three sides.


L'église paroissiale de Saint Lucie de Tallano

Credits

Siècle de la campagne principale de construction
Moyen Age, 17e siècle, milieu 19e siècle, 2e quart 20e siècle

Annexe de l'église principale Saint-Jean-Baptiste de Poggio-di-Tallano jusqu'au 17e siècle, époque de son érection en paroisse et de sa reconstruction partielle, l'église Sainte-Lucie, dont l'existence au Moyen Age est attestée par la documentation d'archives, fait l'objet d'une nouvelle et importante campagne de travaux de 1832 à 1856, sous la direction de l'architecte départemental, Cotin. Ces derniers, caractérisés par l'agrandissement du choeur et la reconstruction du maître-autel, par l'adjonction de deux chapelles latérales et par le voûtement de l'édifice, sont confiés aux maîtres maçons Joseph Zannicoli et Laurent Bartoli. Les travaux de gros oeuvre sont achevés dès 1849, ceux de second oeuvre se poursuivant jusqu'en 1856. Une nouvelle réfection de l'église, effectuée par l'entrepreneur Antoine Giovannetti, établi à Sainte-Lucie-de-Tallano, aura lieu en 1872. Le clocher a été construit en 1948, comme l'indique la date portée.


The parish church of Saint Lucie de Tallano

Century of the main building campaign
Middle Ages, 17th century, mid 19th century, 2nd quarter 20th century

Annex of the main church Saint-Jean-Baptiste of Poggio-di-Tallano until the 17th century, time of its erection in parish and of its partial reconstruction, the church Sainte-Lucie, whose existence in the Middle Ages is attested by the documentation of archives, is the object of a new and important campaign of works from 1832 to 1856, under the direction of the departmental architect, Cotin. These works, characterized by the enlargement of the choir and the reconstruction of the high altar, by the addition of two side chapels and by the vaulting of the building, were entrusted to the master masons Joseph Zannicoli and Laurent Bartoli. The structural work was completed in 1849, while the finishing work continued until 1856. A new renovation of the church, carried out by the contractor Antoine Giovannetti, established in Sainte-Lucie-de-Tallano, will take place in 1872. The bell tower was built in 1948, as the date indicates.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Still Operational: yes

Number of bells in tower?: 2

Rate tower:

Tours or visits allowed in tower?: No

Address of Tower: Not listed

Relevant website?: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Please post an original picture of the tower taken while you were there. Please also record how you came to be at this tower and any other interesting information you learned about it while there.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Bell Towers
Nearest Geocaches
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.