Colonne de Pierre de l'Eglise Saint Matthieu - Nesdes, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Bono2333
N 46° 32.289 E 000° 02.089
31T E 272640 N 5158114
Quick Description: [FR] Une colonne de pierre dans l'église Saint Matthieu à Nesdes. [EN] A stone column in St. Matthew's Church in Nesdes.
Location: Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Date Posted: 8/19/2019 11:24:10 AM
Waymark Code: WM115JQ
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Math Teacher
Views: 3

Long Description:
[FR] "L’origine de l‘église de Nesdes est estimée à partir de 11ème siècle, sous le vocable de Saint-Mathieu. Des marques d’origine romanes sont visibles sur le porche et le mur latéral ouest dans le cimetière.
Cette église a vraisemblablement été détruite au passage des troupes protestantes allant de Saint-Maixent à Poitiers pour le siège de 1569. Elle a été reconstruite avec le presbytère attenant au siècle suivant comme l’atteste l’inscription sur le mur nord de la façade du jardin de presbytère à l’ouest de l‘église.

La cloche a été mise en place dans son campanile en 1761. En 1790, la paroisse de Nesdes devient commune dans le département de la Vienne, sa position géographique aux confins ouest du territoire insurgée pendant les guerres de Vendée y laissait des influences. Le régime concordataire de 1801 faisait passer la paroisse de Nesdes dans le doyenné de Vouillé, le curé de Nesdes était bénéficiaire d’une petite exploitation agricole qui le faisait vivre. La commune de Nesdes devient en 1819 une section de celle de Benassay; la loi de 1905 lui attribue l’exploitation paroissiale enlevée au curé de Nesdes."

Vous trouverez à ces coordonnées cette petite église. Vous trouverez à l'entrée de cet édifice cette petite colonne de pierre sur laquelle repose une croix de bois.



[EN] "The origin of the church of Nesdes is estimated from the 11th century, under the name of Saint-Mathieu.Remarks Romanesque are visible on the porch and the west side wall in the cemetery.
This church was probably destroyed by the passage of Protestant troops from Saint-Maixent to Poitiers for the siege of 1569. It was rebuilt with the presbytery attached to the following century as evidenced by the inscription on the north wall of the facade of the church. Presbytery garden west of the church.

The bell was put in place in its campanile in 1761. In 1790, the parish of Nesdes becomes common in the department of Vienne, its geographical position at the western borders of the insurgent territory during the wars of Vendée left there influences. The Concordat regime of 1801 made the parish of Nesdes pass in the deanery of Vouillé, the cure of Nesdes was beneficiary of a small farm which made it live. The commune of Nesdes becomes in 1819 a section of that of Benassay; the law of 1905 attributed to him the parish exploitation removed from the parish priest of Nesdes."

You will find at these coordinates this little church. You will find at the entrance of this building this small column of stone on which rests a wooden cross.





Source : (visit link)
Approximate Age of Artefact: Not listed

Relevant Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Please supply an original picture when visiting this waymark.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stone Church Artefacts
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Bono2333 visited Colonne de Pierre de  l'Eglise Saint Matthieu - Nesdes, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France 10/15/2019 Bono2333 visited it