Le clocher de l'église de l'Annonciation de Corbara - France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
N 42° 36.918 E 008° 54.424
32T E 492378 N 4718100
Quick Description: Le clocher est de forme carrée, avec une horloge sur deux des côtés. Il est surmonté par un clocheton octogonal, lui même surmonté d'une croix. Une série de quatre cloches se trouvent à l'intérieur. Il est bicolore.
Location: Corse, France
Date Posted: 2/21/2022 10:51:09 AM
Waymark Code: WM15T54
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member rjmcdonough1
Views: 1

Long Description:

The bell tower is square, with a clock on two sides. It is surmounted by an octagonal bell tower, itself surmounted by a cross. A series of four bells are inside. It is two-colored.


L'église de l'Annonciation de Corbara est une ancienne collégiale catholique située à Corbara, dans le département du Haute-Corse, en France. Elle est inscrite aux monuments historiques en 1985, inscription remplacée par un classement en 2013.


The church of the Annunciation of Corbara is a former Catholic collegiate church located in Corbara, in the department of Haute-Corse, in France. It is registered as a historical monument in 1985, replaced by a classification in 2013.


Église de l'Annonciation de Corbara

Credits

Le chantier de construction de l’église, en remplacement de l’ancienne église paroissiale située dans le quartier de Villa di Mezzo, piazza savé, devenue trop petite pour contenir tous les fidèles commence en
1641. En 1686, les travaux de gros œuvre et de second œuvre sont achevés comme le fait apparaître le rapport de visite effectué par le délégué de Mgr Spinola, visiteur apostolique.

A cette date l’église compte une nef formée d’un vaisseau principal et de quatre chapelles latérales dédiées : à la Vierge du Rosaire ; à Saint-Jacques apôtre ; à Notre-Dame du bon secours et la dernière à Notre-Dame du Mont Carmel

ainsi que trois autres autels non consacrés, le chœur étant doté du maître-autel. L’édifice comporte également à cette date une chaire à prêcher en bois et un bénitier dans la partie médiane de l’église.

Une seconde et importante campagne de travaux a lieu au milieu du 18e siècle, elle concerne principalement le réaménagement du chœur, avec l’érection d’un nouveau maître-autel et la mise en place de stalles.

Ces travaux s’achèvent en 1752.
A cette date l’église est érigée au rang de collégiale par le pape Benoît XIV comme l’atteste la bulle papale conservée par la commune.
Elle comptera au cours de son histoire, de 2 à 8 chanoines comme le souligne le chanoine Casanova dans son ouvrage sur l’histoire de l’Eglise corse sous l’Ancien Régime.

Au cours du 19eme siècle d’autres interventions auront lieu sur cet édifice comme le met en lumière le curé Marchini dans un courrier adressé aux grands vicaires capitulaires le 13 septembre 1905,

il énumère les principaux travaux effectués au cours du siècle susdit : réfection du chœur en 1815, reconstruction du frontispice en 1855, reprise du carrelage de la nef en 1866, du clocher en 1899, de la charpente de la nef en 1901.

Dans les dernières années du 19eme siècle le peintre Sicuri ornera l’église de peintures monumentales.

Au cours du 3eme quart du 20eme siècle un nouveau chantier de restauration, concernant principalement la reprise des enduits extérieurs, s’achève en 1974.

De 1992 à 1993 rénovation de la façade de l’édifice inscrit en totalité à l’inventaire supplémentaire des Monuments Historiques le 6 septembre 1985. De nouvelles interventions ont lieu au début du 21eme siècle.

En 2002 aménagement dans la sacristie du dépôt Trésor sous la direction de Jacques Moulin architecte D.P.L.G, architecte en chef des Monuments Historiques et comportant une collection d’ornements liturgiques,

deux meubles de sacristie, un dais de procession offert par l’empereur Napoléon III…. En 2006 a lieu la restauration du clocher et de l’élévation Nord de l’église, en 2009 celle de la façade principale et de l’élévation latérale sud.

Le 18 mars 2013, l'église a été classée au titre des monuments historiques.


Church of the Annunciation of Corbara

The construction of the church, replacing the old parish church located in the area of Villa di Mezzo, in Piazza Savé, which had become too small to hold all the faithful, began in
1641. In 1686, the structural and finishing work was completed, as shown in the report of the visit made by the delegate of Monsignor Spinola, Apostolic Visitor.

At that date the church had a nave made up of a main vessel and four side chapels dedicated to the Virgin of the Rosary, to Saint James the Apostle, to Our Lady of Good Help and the last one to Our Lady of Mount Carmel

as well as three other unconsecrated altars, the choir having the high altar. The building also had a wooden pulpit and a stoup in the middle part of the church.

A second and important campaign of works took place in the middle of the 18th century, it mainly concerned the reorganization of the choir, with the erection of a new high altar and the installation of stalls.

This work was completed in 1752.
At this date, the church was elevated to the rank of collegiate church by Pope Benedict XIV, as attested by the papal bull kept by the commune.
During its history, it will count from 2 to 8 canons as the canon Casanova underlines it in his work on the history of the Corsican Church under the Old Regime.

During the 19th century other interventions will take place on this building as the priest Marchini highlights it in a letter addressed to the capitular vicars on September 13, 1905,

He lists the main works carried out during the aforementioned century: repair of the choir in 1815, reconstruction of the frontispiece in 1855, resumption of the tiling of the nave in 1866, of the bell tower in 1899, of the framework of the nave in 1901.

In the last years of the 19th century the painter Sicuri decorated the church with monumental paintings.

During the third quarter of the 20th century, a new restoration project, mainly concerning the restoration of the exterior plasterwork, was completed in 1974.

From 1992 to 1993, renovation of the façade of the building, which was listed in its entirety on the supplementary inventory of Historic Monuments on September 6, 1985. New interventions took place at the beginning of the 21st century.

In 2002, the sacristy was fitted out with the Treasury depository under the direction of Jacques Moulin, architect D.P.L.G., chief architect of the Monuments Historiques and including a collection of liturgical ornaments,

two pieces of sacristy furniture, a procession canopy offered by the emperor Napoleon III.... In 2006, the bell tower and the north elevation of the church were restored, and in 2009 the main façade and the south side elevation.

On March 18, 2013, the church was classified as a historical monument.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Location of the Steeple:
Place de l'église
Corbara, France
20000


Approximate Date of Construction: 1752

Website: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Enjoy your visit, tell your story and post a picture.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Unique Steeples
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.