Eglise de l'annonciation - Sant' Antonino - France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
N 42° 35.353 E 008° 54.368
32T E 492298 N 4715204
Quick Description: L'église est de style roman et a été édifiée à partir du XIème siècle. Sa décoration est relativement simple à l'extérieur, et presque dépouillée, mais l'intérieur est riche et abrite plusieurs tableaux remarquables.
Location: Corse, France
Date Posted: 3/12/2022 12:20:26 AM
Waymark Code: WM15WVE
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 0

Long Description:

The church is in Romanesque style and was built from the 11th century. Its decoration is relatively simple on the outside, and almost bare, but the interior is rich and houses several remarkable paintings.


Eglise de l'annonciation

Credits

L'édifice religieux est daté du xie siècle. Remanié, avec un haut clocher de quatre niveaux, son architecture est très sobre. Il est situé sur la grande place, au pied et hors du village, proche de la chapelle de confrérie et du monument aux morts.

Dans cette église paroissiale, six œuvres, toutes propriété de la commune, sont classées au titre des Monuments historiques :

tableau La Déposition de croix avec quatre donateurs du xviie siècle, classé MH en 1992,
tableau La Fuite en Égypte du xviiie siècle, MH en 1998,
tableau Les Âmes du purgatoire non daté, MH en 1998,
tableau La Vierge au rosaire avec saint Dominique et sainte Catherine de Sienne de la fin du xviiie siècle,
orgue de tribune du xviiie siècle, MH en 1996,
buffet d'orgue et tribune d'orgue datant de 1744 ; 1789, MH en 1992.
Entre l'église et le village, un parking payant a été aménagé pour le stationnement des véhicules automobiles et autocars très nombreux en période estivale. À savoir aussi que toute circulation est interdite puisque impossible dans le village.


Church of the Annunciation

The religious building dates from the 10th century. Remodeled, with a high bell tower of four levels, its architecture is very sober. It is located on the main square, at the foot of the village, near the chapel of the brotherhood and the war memorial.

In this parish church, six works, all owned by the commune, are classified as historical monuments:

The Deposition of the Cross with four donors from the seventeenth century, classified MH in 1992,
the painting The Flight into Egypt from the 18th century, classified MH in 1998,
painting The Souls in Purgatory, undated, classified MH in 1998,
painting The Virgin at the Rosary with St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena from the end of the 18th century,
tribune organ of the 18th century, MH in 1996,
organ case and organ gallery dating from 1744; 1789, MH in 1992.
Between the church and the village, a paying parking lot has been set up for the parking of cars and coaches, which are very numerous during the summer. It should also be noted that all traffic is forbidden since it is impossible to enter the village.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Building Materials: Stone

Visit Instructions:
Logs for Medieval churches waymark must contain a date found and any details about the visit there. Also photos and other experiences related to the building are welcome.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Medieval Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.