Le chandelier - Eglise Immaculée Conception - Ile Rousse - France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
N 42° 38.051 E 008° 56.262
32T E 494892 N 4720195
Quick Description: Un chandelier représenté par un ange en marbre supportant le pied du chandelier surmonté par cinq lampes électriques.
Location: Corse, France
Date Posted: 4/12/2022 11:32:11 AM
Waymark Code: WM161BF
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member GeoRams
Views: 0

Long Description:

A candlestick represented by an angel in marble supporting the foot of the candlestick topped by five electric lamps.


Élevée en 1887 en remplacement de l’ancienne paroisse du Scalu, puis de Notre-Dame la miséricorde jugée alors trop petite. Elle fut conçue plus grande et plus centrale vis-à-vis de l’agrandissement de la ville.


It was built in 1887 to replace the old parish of Scalu, and later Our Lady of Mercy, which was considered too small. It was designed to be larger and more central to the expansion of the city.


Eglise paroissiale de l'Immaculée Conception

Credits

C’est l’architecte Viale, grand prix de Rome, qui conçoit l’église. Dévastée par le feu en Juillet 1914, elle demeure aujourd’hui, le seul lieu de culte régulièrement fréquenté. Son intérieur est d’une grande simplicité mais il mérite d’être visité. Ainsi, son maître autel, offert par le Duc de Padoue, ancien ministre de l’intérieur de Napoléon II en souvenir de sa femme, le Duchesse Elisa de Padoue, possède à l’arrière une plaque de dédicace sur marbre. De plus, la paroisse est ornée de superbes vitraux consacrés à l’Immaculée Conception de Marie et Santa Agata, patronne des pêcheurs Isulani jusqu’à la fin du 19e siècle. L'église renferme deux tableaux, toiles provenant vraisemblablement de la collection Fesch, propriété de la commune, classés Monument Historique : tableau La tentation du Christ, du 17e siècle; tableau Saint Jérôme, du 17e siècle.


Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception

It is the architect Viale, Grand Prix de Rome, who designed the church. Devastated by fire in July 1914, it remains today the only place of worship regularly attended. Its interior is of great simplicity but it is worth visiting. Thus, its high altar, offered by the Duke of Padua, former Minister of the Interior of Napoleon II in memory of his wife, the Duchess Elisa of Padua, has a marble dedication plaque at the back. Moreover, the parish is adorned with beautiful stained glass windows dedicated to the Immaculate Conception of Mary and Santa Agata, patron saint of the Isulani fishermen until the end of the 19th century. The church contains two paintings, probably from the Fesch collection, property of the commune, classified as Historic Monument: the painting The Temptation of Christ, from the 17th century; the painting Saint Jerome, from the 17th century.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)


Eglise paroissiale de l'Immaculée Conception

Credits

Au centre de la cité, sur la place Paoli, l'Immaculée Conception est au cœur de la vie religieuse de la ville.
Inaugurée le 30 juillet 1893, elle est le troisième sanctuaire dans la ville après une chapelle de 1740 dédiée également à l'Immaculée Conception et Notre-Dame de Miséricorde datée de 1854.
Elle est l'œuvre de l'architecte Nardini de Bastia et construite sous la forme d'une croix latine, avec ses trois nefs et son transept.
32,7m de long sur 13m de large, 21,2 m de haut, elle abrite le maître-autel en marbre, don du Duc de padoue en 1887 avec une Vierge en bois polychrome, la chaire en marbre de Carrare, donc de la famille Lanata en 1888, deux bénitiers et deux autels latéraux dédiés au Sacré-Coeur de jésus et à Saint-Sébastien. On trouve également des tableaux de l'Ecole Italienne du XVIIè siècle.
En 1914 , l'église a brûlé, entraînant la renaissance de la confrérie de l'Immaculée Conception en 1919 pour récolter des fonds allant à la reconstruction, toute en pierres et ciment, donc sans bois comme la première. Le culte put reprendre en 1936 et la confrérie être dissoute.


Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception

In the center of the city, on the Place Paoli, the Immaculate Conception is at the heart of the religious life of the city.
Inaugurated on July 30, 1893, it is the third sanctuary in the city after a chapel of 1740 also dedicated to the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Mercy dated 1854.
It is the work of the architect Nardini of Bastia and built in the form of a Latin cross, with its three naves and its transept.
32.7m long and 13m wide, 21.2m high, it houses the marble high altar, donated by the Duke of Padua in 1887, with a polychrome wooden Virgin, the Carrara marble pulpit, donated by the Lanata family in 1888, two holy water fonts and two side altars dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and to Saint Sebastian. There are also paintings of the Italian School of the XVII century.
In 1914, the church burned down, leading to the rebirth of the Brotherhood of the Immaculate Conception in 1919 to collect funds for the reconstruction, all in stone and cement, therefore without wood as the first. The cult could resume in 1936 and the brotherhood was dissolved.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Approximate Age of Artefact: Not listed

Relevant Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Please supply an original picture when visiting this waymark.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stone Church Artefacts
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.