Stone Font in St James' Church, Cooling, Kent UK
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member dave-harris
N 51° 27.321 E 000° 31.570
31U E 328128 N 5703366
An old stone font on five piers at St James' Church, Cooling in Kent
Waymark Code: WMBB8C
Location: South East England, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 04/29/2011
Published By:Groundspeak Premium Member Dragontree
Views: 3

The church originates from the 13th century, with its building continuing into the following century. The upper part of the tower was added later, and was completed by about 1400. The church was restored in the 19th century, when a vestry was added, and the porch was rebuilt. It was declared redundant on 19 November 1976 and vested in the Churches Conservation Trust on 31 May 1978. It is now cared for by a group known as the Friends of St James' Church. The church is open daily to visitors.

The font dates from the 13th century, and consists of a square bowl supported by five piers.
Approximate Age of Artefact: Not listed

Relevant Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Please supply an original picture when visiting this waymark.
Search for... Google Map
Google Maps
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stone Church Artefacts
Nearest Geocaches
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
grnoval visited Stone Font in St James' Church, Cooling, Kent UK 05/30/2011 grnoval visited it